Six Month Smiles
Six Month Smiles offer invisible aligners and clear braces that can improve the alignment of your teeth. This solution is a faster, more discreet, and cost-effective alternative to traditional braces or other clear aligners.
Six Month Smiles
Six Month Smiles apply the basic principles of traditional orthodontics—placing force on different areas of the teeth to improve their alignment—but with an emphasis on getting patients faster results. By focusing on the front six teeth the average treatment time is only six months, far less than half the time of traditional braces.
Six Month Smiles provides a barely-noticeable solution for patients to get straighter teeth while still feeling confident throughout your treatment. We will provide you with the step-by-step instructions and new aligners every two weeks, so you can get an improved smile in an average of six months.
How does Six Month Smiles work?
Six Month Smiles focuses on adjusting your front six teeth, as these teeth are the ones shown when you smile, laugh, and talk.
After a consultation with your dentist at Normandy and Lakewood Dentistry, we will get you fitted for your aligners or braces. By the first month you will start to feel movement of your teeth. Then, you will get new aligners/braces, typically every two weeks. You will need between three and seven adjustments, depending on your treatment plan.
How much are Six Month Smiles braces or aligners?
Six Month Smiles offers results similar to traditional braces, but because the treatment is faster and has a more limited scope, it is usually less expensive too. Many patients assume they must be expensive because of their cosmetics and speed, but they are an affordable alternative to traditional braces.
Dental insurance, external payment plans, or financing from Six Month Smiles can help with the cost of treatment. Six Month Smiles offers financing that everyone is approved for, regardless of credit score, and that starts as low as $86 / month. Visit Six Month Smiles Financing.
What are the pros and cons of Six Month Smiles?
- Faster Treatment: One of the biggest benefits of Six Month Smiles is that the average time you will have to wear your aligners or braces is, on average, only six months.
- Appearance: Six Month Smiles, like Invisalign, offers clear aligners and tooth- colored materials so patients can improve their smile, without anyone noticing.
- Cost: In most cases, Six Month Smiles costs less than traditional orthodontic treatment.
- Limited Results: Six Month Smiles focuses on just your front six teeth, as opposed to traditional orthodontics that adjusts the position of all your teeth. Because of this, Six Month Smile braces or aligners won’t improve your bite or the alignment of your jaws.
- Age Requirement: Patients must be at least 16 years old to receive Six Month Smiles treatment. Their technology is designed only for those whose jaws are done growing, where traditional braces can be used with patients as young as late elementary-school age.
- Patient Expectations: Some patients aren’t made aware of the limitations of the braces/aligners, causing their expectations to be significantly higher than the results of the treatment. At Normandy and Lakewood Dentistry, we ensure our patients are completely aware of the treatment process and intended results from Six Month Smiles, so they can make an informed decision.